Monday, September 30, 2013

I like ampersands

This is totally unrelated to anything, but I think I have problems. I've recently discovered that the semicolon is my favorite punctuation mark. Who even has a favorite punctuation mark? I also really like to use ampersands instead of the word "and". Double ampersands are my favorite. Hello && Goodbye; doesn't that just look cool? & besides, it's fun to write it 'cause it's all swirly and stuff.

Now, please carry on with your life and forget this ever happened...

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite punctuation mark is probably the quotation mark because it's an official looking way of saying "Listen to this guy/girl! He/she knows what's happening. They're in the know about life!" And also I just think it looks cool.

    The semicolon is another great invention, though.

    Oh! I can't believe I almost forgot about the ellipsis! Those are fun because if I feel like my train of thought is going nowhere I can just ellipsis it and it's like the possibilities are endless...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellipses are fairly awesome. I think I generally use them inappropriately...

      Delete
  3. “With educated people, I suppose, punctuation is a matter of rules; with me it is a matter of feeling. But I must say I have a great respect for the semicolon; it’s a very useful little chap.”
    -Abraham Lincoln

    ReplyDelete