Friday, November 1, 2013

Calculus Students

I am sitting in math class. Several students are bent over their desk, feverishly copying down notes written by the TA teaching our class today. Writing down the notes is all they really can do, because I'm certain no one else can understand her accent either. She has used up all of the whiteboard, and now needs to erase so that she can continue to give us the wonderful eternal gift of knowledge.

She does't have an eraser, so she uses a paper-towel to clear the board. Then, out of nowhere, one of the students (he's wearing a purple paisley shirt. I'm not sure if that little tid-bit is relevant, but I just want you to understand how odd people are) pulls out a dry-erase eraser and holds it up, asking if she would like to use it.

Okay, so it's very nice of him to be helpful and allow the TA to use his white-board eraser. I'm sure it works much better, and it does make a nice sound against the board, but really. Who carries around an eraser in their back pocket? I'm going to give Purple-Paisley-Man the benefit of the doubt and assume there is some logical reason for this, but I'm not too certain about that.

Moral of the story? You never know when you might need a white-board eraser. I've decided to get one for my backpack and laugh at everyone who ever has to use paper towels in the future. Take that, beeyotches. Muwahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment